Hotels win customers and build loyalty in part with quality facilities and amenities, but making a lasting impression also requires stellar service that exceeds guests expectations. BestMark’s proprietary hotel mystery shopping helps you train your employees to wow guests time and time again by enhancing customer experience (CX).
BestMarks existing hotel clients love the positive impact our mystery shops have had on employee engagement, service and customer satisfaction. BestMark hotel mystery shopping offer unparalleled value because we utilize a proprietary behaviors-based survey format which allows our clients to see exactly what went right and what went wrong at the moment of truth when guests come into contact with hotel personnel.
Our surveys are tailored to address each clients unique standards and transcend the typical Likert scale format. BestMarks customized methodology provides a comprehensive report with extensive story-like narrative that details every aspect of the shoppers visit, from making the initial reservation over the phone through check-in and check-out.
BestMark mystery shops are designed to replicate realistic situations and obstacles faced by normal guests every day.
For example, instructing shoppers to pose a problem or make a request to a staff member and capturing how the employee responds is a valuable way to gain detailed insight about how guests are treated. Shops can also include evaluations of food and service at an on-site restaurant and/or require a room service component.
It is critical to realize that a great opportunity exists to be seen by customers as different and better than the competition by focusing on customer service and the overall guest experience.
When aligned properly with other measurement and management tools, mystery shopping results can reliably predict customer satisfaction and future revenue. A mystery shopping program managed by BestMark will help your hotel focus and improve on the specific behaviors that will create customer delight and positively impact occupancy rates and profitability.
The BestMark Advantage - Lodging and Hotel Mystery Shopping
As one of the nations first mystery shopping companies, BestMark made significant contributions to legitimizing mystery shopping as a powerful research tool, and we pride ourselves on continually leading and changing the landscape of the mystery shopping industry. We understand operations, technology, and research, and we know what it takes to manage a phenomenally successful mystery shopping program:
- Vast geographical coverage. We have mystery shoppers near the hotels you want shopped. BestMark conducts tens of thousands of shops each month with shoppers in more than 10,000 cities and towns in the United States and Canada.
- Top quality with 100 percent completion rate. Many hotel mystery shopping companies claim a completion rate of 100 percent, but at BestMark, we never break our promises. Our promised completion rate is 100 percent no exceptions, no excuses. On top of that, the quality and accuracy of our shop results are the best in the industry. (See the details around our Quality Assurance Processes.).
- Superior survey format. The structure of BestMark's mystery shops is based on our proprietary survey format, a dramatic departure from traditional methods of collecting mystery shopping research data. Instead of asking a series of generic and potentially subjective questions, a BestMark behaviors-based shop enables our hotel clients to pinpoint the very attributes and behaviors proven to drive customer delight, effective customer-response techniques and other critical performance attributes.
- Extensive shopper training. Before our mystery shoppers visit your hotels or call your employees posing as customers, they will be trained, tested and certified on your specific program. Our shoppers will know exactly what to look and listen for, and we will ensure that all of your employees/locations are evaluated objectively, consistently, and accurately.
- Direct one-on-one management of shoppers. Many mystery shopping companies subcontract the shop scheduling process and even the quality editing process out to businesses that offer mystery shop support services. BestMark never uses sub-contractors. Our dedicated staff of in-house schedulers and editors speak one-on-one with our shoppers every day; this ensures that the shoppers fully understand specific requirements and receive continual coaching and recognition to better produce actionable feedback for you.
- Highly engaged, top-performing shoppers. We understand that our hotel mystery shoppers are also our clients and our most important commodity. Our mystery shoppers feel like they are a part of our company. Through consistent direct contact, we instill in them a high level of personal accountability and pride that their feedback is important.
- Licensed in Nevada BestMark is one of only a handful of mystery shopping companies who is licensed to perform shops in the state of Nevada where a Private Investigators license is required in order to conduct mystery shopping. Currently, there are a large number of companies operating in violation of the Nevada state laws. Not only does this put these companies at risk for significant fines and sanctions, but also puts their clients companies at risk for these same penalties.
Examples of hotel-related questions we can answer:
- Are your employees building rapport and emotional connections with guests?
- What could you do to ensure fewer customers leave with a neutral or negative brand image?
- What is your competition offering that your customers wish you offered and vice-versa?
- Are your employees taking the time to sympathetically listen and respond to guests needs?
- Are your employees correctly informing customers about your products, services, and/or policies?
- Are customers of every age, ethnicity, and gender receiving the same exceptional level of customer service?
- How engaged are your employees, and how can you optimally improve their engagement?
- Are promotional signs, displays, and other types of marketing materials present and correctly positioned within your hotels?
- Which locations within your organization are consistent shining examples of offering customer delight, and what are their best practices?
- And more
BestMark programs enable our hotel clients to:
- Understand exactly what customer delight-driving behaviors look and sound like
- Align company-wide focus on improving the customers experiences, resulting in higher return rates
- Track and trend behaviors that correlate with guest delight to generate actionable data proven to increase customer satisfaction
- Customize programs to evaluate a variety of different customer touch points, staffed positions, and scenarios
- Gain valuable, detailed insight into the customer experience through extensive story-like narrative from our highly trained and certified shoppers
- Discover if customers are receiving consistently superior customer service at every location and/or customer touchpoint
- Identify gaps in training needs
- Ensure compliance with brand standards
- And more
No matter what your objectives, we will partner with you to develop a program that will provide actionable results using state-of-the-art technologies and proven shop methodologies.
Actionable Insight for Hotel and Lodging Professionals
Collecting and aligning data only provides value if that information is actually used to improve performance at each location, so it is critical that the data is useful at the operator level. With that in mind, BestMark created GuestLink, a proprietary web-based reporting system that allows clients to create, update and track data at all levels within the organization for performance feedback and coaching.
BestMark clients are also able to dynamically create ad hoc reports on the fly and update customized "Action Plans." When managers of customer-facing employees directly access shop results via GuestLink, coaching and recognition (as well as solutions selling reinforcement) can occur at the front lines almost immediately.
GuestLink Customer Experience Intelligence Features
- Interactive Dashboards
- Performance Scorecards
- Dynamic Query Drill-Down
- Individual Customer Experience Reports
- Strengths & Opportunities Reports
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Tracking
- High-Impact Standard Reports