BestMark’s Mystery shopping services help you recognize that data has no life of its own. Our mission is not to just provide a superior measurement tool, but to infuse that data into your culture and unlock your companys potential for driving customer delight and limitless profitability.
Results don’t happen by accident. Companies that create consistently exceptional customer experiences do not succeed because they always hire better employees or offer better products at lower prices; they succeed because they build carefully aligned systems that everyone in the organization uses to measure, manage and improve the customer experience.
When aligned properly with other measurement and management tools, mystery shop results can reliably predict customer satisfaction and future sales. A mystery shopping program managed by BestMark will help your company focus and improve on the specific behaviors that will create customer delight and positively impact sales and profitability.
The BestMark Advantage
As one of the nations first mystery shopping services companies, BestMark made significant contributions to legitimizing mystery shopping as a powerful research tool, and we pride ourselves on continually leading and changing the landscape of our industry. We understand operations, technology, and research, and we know what it takes to manage a phenomenally successful program:
- Vast geographical coverage. We have shoppers and auditors in the locations you want shopped. BestMark conducts tens of thousands of shops each month with mystery shoppers in more than 10,000 cities and towns in the U.S., Canada and Europe.
- Top quality with 100 percent completion rate. Many companies claim a completion rate of 100 percent, but at BestMark, we never break our promises. Our promised completion rate is 100 percent no exceptions, no excuses. On top of that, the quality and accuracy of our mystery shop results are the best in the industry. (See the details around our Quality Assurance Processes)
- Superior survey format. The structure of BestMark's mystery shops is based on our proprietary survey format, a dramatic departure from traditional methods of collecting mystery shopper research data. Instead of asking a series of generic and potentially subjective questions, a BestMark behaviors-based shop enables our clients to pinpoint the very attributes and behaviors proven to drive customer delight, effective selling techniques and other critical performance attributes.
- Extensive mystery shopper training. Before our mystery shoppers visit your locations or call your employees posing as customers, they will be trained, tested and certified on your specific program. Our shoppers will know exactly what to look and listen for, and we will ensure that all of your employees/locations are evaluated objectively, consistently and accurately.
- Direct one-on-one management of shoppers. Many companies subcontract the shop scheduling process and even the quality editing process out to businesses that offer mystery shop support services. BestMark never uses sub-contractors. Our dedicated staff of in-house schedulers and editors speak one-on-one with our shoppers every day; this ensures that the shoppers fully understand specific requirements and receive continual coaching and recognition to better produce actionable feedback for you.
- Highly engaged, top-performing mystery shoppers. We understand that our mystery shoppers are also our clients and our most important commodity. Our mystery shoppers feel like they are a part of our company. Through consistent direct contact, we instill in them a high level of personal accountability and pride that their feedback is important.
- Licensed in Nevada. BestMark is one of only a handful of companies who is licensed to perform mystery shops in the state of Nevada, where a Private Investigator's license is required in order to conduct shops. Currently, there are a large number of companies operating in violation of the Nevada state laws. Not only does this put these companies at risk for significant fines and sanctions, but also puts their clients companies at risk for these same penalties.
A BestMark program enables our clients to:
- Understand exactly what customer delight-driving behaviors look and sound like
- Align company-wide focus on improving the customers experiences, resulting in higher sales through an increased number of customer visits
- Discover if customers are receiving consistently superior customer service at every location and/or customer touchpoint
- Identify gaps in training needs
- Improve suggestive selling and provide customers the information they want, resulting in an increased number of items purchased per customer visit
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements to maintain a positive brand image and avoid legal issues
- And much, much more
No matter what your objectives, we will partner with you to develop a program that will provide actionable results using state-of-the-art technologies and proven mystery shop methodologies.
Collecting and aligning data only provides value if that information is actually used to improve performance at each location, so it is critical that the data is useful at the operator level. With that in mind, BestMark created GuestLink, a proprietary web-based reporting system that allows clients to create, update and track data at all levels within the organization for performance feedback and coaching.
BestMark clients are also able to dynamically create ad hoc reports on the fly and update customized "Action Plans." When managers of customer-facing employees directly access shop results via GuestLink, coaching and recognition (as well as solutions selling reinforcement) can occur at the front lines almost immediately.