BestMark partners with companies in various industries addressing a myriad of unique business challenges. Each requires a slightly different approach to maximize the value of the solution. But we find that the fundamentals rarely change.
The high level approach we take to deliver customer experience insight and tangible performance improvements consists of six stages:
Focus Stages: Positioning for Success
Discuss: We have a unique relationship with each of our clients, but each was set in motion in a simple way - with a conversation. With our expertise and experience working across industries, we come to the table with a core understanding of the challenges our clients are asked to tackle.
At the same time, we recognize that your business and business challenges are unique. Our initial goal is to gain a full understanding of your specific situation in order to determine how we can best assist you with our customer experience strategy.
Assess: Once we understand your aspirations, we begin an intensive fact-gathering and analysis process aimed at fully framing the factors that connect to your challenges and objectives. The scope of this stage varies depending on the complexity of the challenge and the internal information you provide, but it often incorporates the following components:
- Company Assessment: Understanding your brand promise, strategic objectives, and any relevant current or past initiatives. Analysis of any available training materials and customer satisfaction data
- Market / Competitor Assessment: Identifying customer and market trends, your competitive landscape, and competitive initiatives
- Customers Assessment: Mapping the customer experience and identifying key attributes and behaviors that drive customer satisfaction, delight, and loyalty
Design: With an intimate understanding of your challenges, we will draw on an arsenal of proven services, solutions and best practices from industry leaders to design your program. Our survey forms are designed to isolate human and business factors that delight your customers and set your brand apart from your competitors.
In addition, we can integrate data from all parts of your organization to produce consolidated reports that clearly pinpoint strengths and opportunities as measured from a variety of sources. The goal is to uncover which tangible elements of your customers' experiences are most significantly driving their delight and satisfaction or identify any opportunity for improvement.
Implement: The extensive preparation that goes into the design of your program ensures flawless implementation. Our customized suite of solutions will successfully empower your company to improve on specific delight-driving behaviors. This implementation stage sets in motion what we refer to as the Circle of Optimization, a continuous cycle of measuring, analyzing, and improving the key drivers that directly influence customer gratification, advocacy, and intent to return.
Specific implementation steps for mystery shops, compliance audits and exit interviews include:
- Shopper Training and Certification: Qualified BestMark representatives (shoppers, interviewers, auditors) must successfully complete extensive web-based training and pass a certification test based on the exact specifications and parameters of your specific program. Depending on the complexity of your program, auditors and exit interviewers may also be trained in person.
- Scheduling: Schedulers assign site visits to BestMark representatives and verbally review specific procedures
- Shop Details: BestMark representatives download instructions, blank surveys, and read and sign off on all instructions
- Shop Execution: BestMark representatives physically perform the shops/audits/interviews
- Validation and Scoring: BestMark representatives complete survey forms and submit to BestMark along with receipts for validation, if applicable
- Quality Editing: Completed surveys are assigned to core groups of editors who are trained and certified on your specific program. Editors validate receipts, follow-up with BestMark representatives to verify site visit details, and audit the surveys for accuracy including checks for grammar, spelling, and appropriateness of narratives.
Execution Stages: Optimizing the Customer Experience
Measure: Measuring performance is essential to enable you to make data-driven decisions that produce sustainable performance improvements.
This may be achieved using our web survey technology, internal evaluation software, or trained field force of more than 500,000 mystery shoppers, auditors, and exit interviewers.
Analyze: We understand that data has no life of its own. We give legs to the data through our technology and approach to analysis. With the help of our market research experts and GuestLink, our proprietary web-based reporting system, we use statistical analysis to interpret findings and quantify connections to the factors that influence profitability.
The result of this powerful customer experience analysis is actionable insights empowering your organization to drive customer delight and limitless profitability.
Improve: This entire process is an ongoing cycle of continuous improvement. We will make incremental adjustments throughout all stages of execution and analysis to make sure we consistently deliver the best and most actionable services and solutions possible.