BestMark, Inc has recently been made aware that there are a number of individuals using our name and/or trademarked logo in the process of a scam involving "mystery shopping opportunities" that would require you to cash a check and complete a wire money transfer.
It is our understanding that these individuals are providing bad checks in the hopes that you will deposit them into your bank account and transfer a portion of the check amount back to them as part of a mystery shop. The check will not clear and if you've already transferred funds, you will be responsible for the amount of the bounced check.
BestMark, Inc will never:
- Require that you cash or deposit a check that we send you as part of a mystery shopping assignment OR for any other service (such as child care, purchase of ANY product/service, etc.).
- Ask you to transfer funds to an account as part of a mystery shopping assignment.
- Send you a letter via the mail telling you that you have been selected to participate in a paid consumer research program.
- Request that you meet with a BestMark representative in any area of the country to complete an assignment.
- Require you to pay for and complete on-site training to become a mystery shopper.
- Contact you via any email address besides one that ends in @bestmark.com.
**If you have questions about any of the above circumstances OR any circumstance you have encountered that is NOT listed above, please call BestMark to verify the legitimacy at 952-922-3890.
BestMark, Inc has been in contact with local, state, and federal law enforcement to report any incidents that we've been made aware of and ask that if you are contacted by anyone you feel may be illegally representing themselves as a representative of BestMark, Inc, that you contact The Federal Trade Commission Complaint Submission link at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/. We would also encourage you to contact your local authorities, the FBI, and the Federal Trade Commission to report any potential fraud. If you have additional questions for BestMark, Inc. please call 952-922-3890.
BestMark, Inc has been an established mystery shopping provider since 1986 and are proud to partner with leading companies from small and mid-sized businesses to Fortune 500 companies. We take our commitment to our clients and shoppers very seriously and are working diligently to maintain the stellar reputation that we've earned in our industry.
As a BestMark shopper you will only be contacted regarding upcoming assignments by phone or by email from an employee using an @bestmark.com email address. Additionally, you will always be able to reach someone at our offices during regular business hours if you need to verify that an opportunity you may be unsure of, is legitimate.
We would also urge you to visit the Mystery Shopping Providers Association website for more information and helpful tips on becoming a shopper, reputable mystery shopping companies, as well as more information on current scams in our industry. You'll find the MSPA at www.mysteryshop.org
Remember, never pay to apply to become a shopper; legitimate mystery shopping providers will not charge you to apply or to become part of their mystery shopping workforce!
-The BestMark Team