Everyone shops at grocery stores – the trick is creating a distinct customer experience that motivates shoppers to choose your store over the competition. BestMark can help you to create that differentiation.
When aligned properly with other measurement and management tools, supermarket mystery shopping results can reliably predict patient satisfaction and future growth. A customer experience measurement program managed by BestMark will help your company focus and improve on the specific behaviors that will create patient delight and positively impact sales and profitability.
BestMark Understands the Grocery Industry
We expertly service a range of grocery clients, from upscale and specialty stores to high volume warehouse grocers. We understand that each type of store has a unique target market and different opportunities and challenges when it comes to attracting customers. Our programs for higher-end locations focus on creating exemplary service experiences and ensuring highly knowledgeable staff members are available when needed. We help larger stores prevent shoppers from feeling lost, while still offering a large, diverse selection and competitive prices.
Regardless of store size, target market, or program scope, all of our clients love the positive impact that our mystery shops have on employee engagement, service, and customer satisfaction. BestMark mystery shops offer unparalleled value because we utilize a proprietary behaviors-based survey format that allows our clients to see exactly what went right and what went wrong at the moment of truth when guests come into contact with grocery employees.
Our surveys are tailored to address each client’s unique standards. They also transcend the typical Likert scale format. BestMark’s customized methodology provides a comprehensive report with extensive story-like narrative that details every aspect of the shopper’s visit, from interactions with aisle or department personnel to store cleanliness and organization to the checkout and bagging experience.
The BestMark Advantage - Supermarket / Grocery Store Mystery Shopping & CEM
As one of the nation’s first mystery shopping companies, BestMark made significant contributions to legitimizing mystery shopping as a powerful research tool, and we pride ourselves on continually leading and changing the landscape of our industry. We understand operations, technology, and research, and we know what it takes to manage a phenomenally successful program:
- Holistic Approach. In addition to mystery shopping and compliance auditing, BestMark offers its grocery store clients an array of other surveying methodologies and feedback options designed to permeate every aspect of creating customer value, delight and loyalty. This allows our clients to view their products, services and brands from a variety of perspectives.
- Vast geographical coverage. We have field agents (mystery shoppers, compliance auditors, and exit interviewers) where you need them—in over 10,000 cities and towns in the United States and Canada.
- Top quality with 100% completion rate. Many mystery shopping companies claim a completion rate of 100%, but at BestMark, we never break our promises. Our promised completion rate is 100% no exceptions, no excuses. On top of that, the quality and accuracy of our shop results are the best in the industry. (See the details around our Quality Assurance Processes)
- Superior survey format. The structure of BestMark's supermarket mystery shops is based on our proprietary survey format, a dramatic departure from traditional methods of collecting mystery shopping research data. Instead of asking a series of generic and potentially subjective questions, a BestMark behaviors-based shop enables our grocery clients to pinpoint the very attributes and behaviors proven to drive customer delight, effective selling techniques and other critical performance attributes.
- Extensive shopper training. Before our field force visits your stores, they will be trained, tested and certified on your specific program. Our field agents will know exactly what to look and listen for, and we will ensure that all of your employees/locations are evaluated objectively, consistently, and accurately. We know how training, instructions, and certification for mystery shopping programs must be different from auditing and from exit interviewing, and we are experts on the most effective methodologies for all three measurement programs.
- Direct one-on-one management of shoppers. Many customer experience measurement companies use subcontracters to manage the field visit scheduling process and even the quality editing process. BestMark never uses subcontractors. Our dedicated staff of in-house schedulers and editors speak one-on-one with our field agents every day; this ensures that our field force fully understands specific requirements and receives continual coaching and recognition to better produce actionable feedback for you. We understand that our field agents are also our clients and our most important commodity.
- Competitive Pricing. Our phenonmenal quality does not equate to high costs. Due to the rules-based systems and efficient processes we have developed over the years, we can offer our clients the best of both worlds: superior services and competitive prices.
Examples of Supermarket / Grocery Related Questions We Can Answer:
- Are your employees friendly, approachable, and able to help guests find items or recommend appropriate products?
- What could you do to ensure fewer customers leave with a neutral or negative brand image?
- How do you compare to your competition, and where do you rank within your own market and concept?
- Are shoppers leaving without purchasing because they can’t find items?
- Are customers of every age, ethnicity, and gender receiving the same exceptional level of customer service?
- How engaged are your employees, and how can you optimally improve their engagement?
- Are promotional signs, displays, and other types of marketing materials present and correctly positioned within your stores?
- Which locations within your organization are consistent shining examples of offering customer delight, and what are their best practices?
- And many, many more…
A BestMark mystery shopping program enables our grocery store clients to:
- Understand exactly what customer delight-driving behaviors look and sound like
- Align company-wide focus on improving the customers’ experiences, resulting in increased spending and repeat business
- Track and trend behaviors that correlate with guest delight to generate actionable data proven to increase store traffic and customer satisfaction
- Customize programs to evaluate a variety of different customer touch points, staffed positions, and times of day/week, etc.
- Gain valuable, detailed insight into the customer experience through extensive story-like narrative from our highly trained and certified shoppers
- Discover if customers are receiving consistently superior customer service at every location and/or customer touchpoint
- Identify gaps in training needs
- Ensure compliance with brand standards
- And much, much more...
No matter what your objectives, we will partner with you to develop a program that will provide actionable results using state-of-the-art technologies and proven shop methodologies.
Actionable Insight for Supermarkets & Grocery Stores
Collecting and aligning data only provides value if that information is actually used to improve performance at each store location, so it is critical that the data is useful at the operator level. With that in mind, BestMark created GuestLink™, a proprietary web-based reporting system that allows clients to create, update and track data at all levels within the organization for performance feedback and coaching. BestMark clients are also able to dynamically create ad hoc reports on the fly and update customized "Action Plans." When managers of customer-facing employees directly access performance results via GuestLink™, coaching and recognition can occur at the front lines almost immediately.
GuestLink Customer Experience Intelligence Features
- Interactive Dashboards
- Performance Scorecards
- Dynamic Query Drill-Down
- Individual Customer Experience Reports
- Strengths & Opportunities Reports
- Key Performance Indicator (KPIs) Tracking
- High-Impact Standard Reports