As government regulations have tightened, tobacco retailers are being asked to increase training efforts and improve screening of minors at the point-of-purchase. BestMark partners with clients to implement tobacco auditing and compliance programs that deliver results and protect your reputation.
We simply have more auditors in more places and the efficiency to offer you feedback faster than the competition. Our certified and tested audit specialists will uncover the reality of whether or not your stores are in compliance with policy regulations or with the expectations you set for marketing and promotional efforts. We get you results quickly and have the capacity to audit just a few or thousands of your sites. Our specialties include:
The BestMark Advantage – Tobacco Compliance Audits
With over years of experience, it’s no wonder BestMark leads the industry in tobacco compliance audits. We understand operations, technology, and research, and we know what it takes to implement an exceedingly effective auditing program:
- National Tobacco Auditor Coverage: With mystery shoppers and compliance auditors in over 10,000 cities and towns across the country, we have the capacity to conduct top quality audits nationwide. We are also one of an extremely limited number of companies licensed to operate in Nevada.
- 100% Completion Rate: At BestMark, we never break our promises. Our promised completion rate is 100% - no exceptions, no excuses. Furthermore, the quality and accuracy of our audit results are the best in the industry. (See the details around our Quality Assurance Processes)
- Tobacco Audit-Specific Expertise: Many companies that offer both mystery shopping and auditing services fail to recognize that these two types of programs are very different and need to be managed as such. Not all mystery shoppers can be successful auditors and vice-versa. We know how training, instructions, and certification for auditing programs must be different from mystery shopping, and we are experts on the most effective methodologies for both. Our extensively trained and tested auditors will know exactly what to inspect at your locations.
- Trained, Certified, Talented Auditors: Effective auditing programs require auditors to work directly with your line-level employees. BestMark auditors understand that their job is not to point fingers, but to respectfully partner with your employees towards the ultimate goal of identifying improvements and maintaining your company’s positive brand image.
- Competitive Pricing: Fortunately, our phenomenal quality does not equate to high costs. A tobacco compliance audit can be as quick and simple as age verification, or offer you further analysis on merchandising and employee behavior. Either way, due to the rules-based systems and efficient processes we have developed over the years, we can offer our clients the best of both worlds: superior services and competitive prices.
Benefits of a BestMark Tobacco Compliance Program
- Proven training programs offer protection from mandatory state inspections/stings
- Feedback in less than 48 hours of a scheduled audit – the fastest in the industry
- Receive in-depth dashboard analysis for multi-location management – efficient oversight of all your locations
- Avoid legal issues
- And much, much more…
Actionable Insight into your Tobacco Compliance Auditing Program
Audit results will only provide value if that data is actually used to improve conditions at the location, so it is critical that the data is useful at the operator level. With that in mind, BestMark created GuestLink™, a proprietary web-based reporting system that allows clients to create, update and track data at all levels within the organization. BestMark clients are also able to dynamically create ad hoc reports on the fly and update customized "Action Plans." With store managers directly accessing audit results via GuestLink™, issue resolution can occur at the front lines almost immediately.
In addition, our auditors can share the audit results on-site with your location management to bring their attention to any issues that need immediate attention.