Businesses now know the importance of developing a social media strategy for their customer service efforts. Customers are increasingly expecting their favorite brands to actively participate in the networks. If brands neglect these presences, customer satisfaction and loyalty can suffer.
Companies might be able to make more effective plans to meet customers needs when they know why clients are visiting the pages. The latest American Express Global Customer Service Barometer found the five main service-related reasons consumers go to a company's account.
1. To get a response about a service issues (50 percent).
2. To leave positive reviews after they've had a great experience with a company (48 percent).
3. To tell wider audiences about the experience they had (47 percent).
4. To vent about a negative experience (46 percent).
5. To ask other customers about service experiences and how to improve them (43 percent).
Since the report found customers are also more likely to spread the word about experiences they had with a company's service - 67 percent more likely to spread good reviews and 50 percent more likely to discuss bad reviews - brands must make sure their service standards are higher than ever. To measure the effectiveness of their efforts, companies can use a mystery shopping service that will help them uncover what they are doing well and what might need improvement.